December 12, 2021
READ: Psalm 22
Get Going: When was the last time you sang God’s praises?
MAIN IDEA: God does not forsake those whose trust is in Him.
Transformational Intent: To be confident in the faithfulness of God and to go tell our brothers and praise his name.
“God’s King, leading God’s people, to sing God’s praises.”
- Forsaken and groaning but remembering what God has done v.1-5
- Mocked and scorned but remembering God has always been near v6-11
- Death and the fulfillment of the curses v12-18
- The curses are reversed v19-21
- Praise and proclamation by God’s people v22-31
- Is there anything from the passage or the sermon that wasn’t clear?
- Is there anything from this passage that you didn’t understand?
Get Stuck Into Understanding the Bible:
- What does David experience in verses 1-2 of this psalm?
- What does David tell us about God in verse 3-5?
- What are some of the parallels of this Psalm and Jesus’ crucifixion in Matthew 27 and John 19?
- What are some of the responses to God’s deliverance listed in verses 22-26?
- How do we “tell of your name to my brothers” as David says in verse22?
- How can we be the “posterity” that shall serve him that “shall proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn”?
- Lord, help me to trust in your faithfulness and your salvation, Holy Spirit give me strength to sing your praise!
Use the songs below to engage your heart and mind into worshiping God.
You Never Let Go By Matt Redman
What Child is This By Sovereign Grace